https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/french-toast-with-berry-syrup.jpeg 676 1189 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-10-30 00:00:002020-05-05 13:03:50
French Toast with Berry Syrup
- 1 loaf sprouted bread
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 TBSP liquid stevia
- 4 TBSP ghee
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 16 oz. fresh blueberries
- 3 Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- 1.5 TBSP honey
- ¼ tsp ghee
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients for the French toast in a large pie plate or shallow dish.
- Coat all sides of the bread.
- Place in a non-stick skillet cooking on both sides
- Serve warm with the berry syrup below.
- Mix all syrup ingredients in a small pot.
- Cook over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve the berry syrup warm over the French toast.
- For more help with this recipe, click here.