https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/eggs-in-a-jar.jpg 840 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-08-30 00:00:002020-03-24 13:29:47
Eggs in a Jar
- 4 or 8 large eggs;
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 3/4 lb button mushrooms, thinly sliced;
- 4 slices of uncured turkey bacon, cut into chunks;
- 2 greens onions, minced;
- 1 tbsp. chives, minced;
- 1 tsp. almond flour;
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock;
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- In a skillet placed over a medium-high heat, add the bacon and the cooking fat and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes, until brown.
- Add the mushrooms and the green onions to the bacon and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the almond flour and combine everything together, then add the chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook until a nice texture is obtained.
- Prepare 4 glass jars and spray with cooking oil on the bottom and inside edges. Pour some of the bacon and mushroom mixture evenly in each jar and break one or two eggs on top.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place the 4 jars into a big cooking pot, making sure they are stable and add water until it reaches the middle of your jars.
- Bring to a medium-high heat and cook 15 to 20 min or until the eggs are cooked the way you like them.
- Once the cooking is done, remove the glass jars from the pot using a jar lifter, being careful not to burn yourself on the very hot jars. Set aside until cool enough to handle, sprinkle some chives on top and serve.