https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/egg-muffins.jpg 840 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-08-30 00:00:002020-03-24 13:28:32
- 4 2-oz links cooked all-natural chicken sausage, no added nitrites or nitrates, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Mist a 12-count muffin tin with cooking spray.Divide chicken sausage and tomato mixture among muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and yogurt. Stir in cheese, basil and pepper. Divide evenly among muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, until puffed and set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minutes. Slide a knife around each frittata and gently remove, placing on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- They can be frozen! Freeze until firm, about 2 hours, then transfer to a large zip-top freezer bag. Return to freezer until ready to serve, up to 1 month.
- To serve, preheat oven to 400ºF. Place frozen frittatas on a rimmed baking sheet misted with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes, until heated through. A microwave may also be used, if desired. Frittatas can also be eaten cold; defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
- For more help with this recipe, click here