https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/crockpot-chicken-and-butternut-squash.jpg 840 630 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-08-30 00:00:002020-03-24 13:14:46
Crockpot Chicken and Butternut Squash
- 6 Boneless Chicken Thighs
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/2 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 4 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pound to 2 pounds Whole butternut squash
- 6 Fresh sage leafs
- Ground Pepper (pinch or to taste)
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- Add 1 tablespoon balsamic, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Peel the butternut squash, cut in half, and remove seeds as well as membranes.
- Cube in approximately 1 inch squares.
- Place cubed butternut squash on the chicken.
- Splash with the remaining tablespoon of balsamic and add the sage leafs.
- Cover; cook on High for 4 to 6 hours or on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Butternut squash may be served cubed or mashed.
- For more help with this recipe, click here