https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/beet-salad-scaled.jpg 2560 1920 integritive https://www.foothillswellnesscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/foothills-footer-logo.png integritive2018-10-18 00:00:002020-05-05 14:04:39
- 8 ozs Baby golden beets
- ¼ cup EVOO
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 8 ozs Baby red beets
- 1 TBSP Sherry vinegar
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Large fennel bulb with leaves
- 1.5 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Thinly sliced fresh mint
- ½ cup Crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place golden beets on a piece of heavy foil. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the oil; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 pepper. Bring up two opposite edges of foil; seal with a double fold. Fold the remaining ends to completely enclose beets, leaving space for steam to escape. On a second piece of heavy foil, repeat with the red beets and another 2 teaspoons of the oil, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Roast about 45 minutes or until beets are tender. Carefully open packets, peel skins from beets under cool running water while they are hot. Halve or quarter beets and place each color in a separate bowl.
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Pour half of the dressing over each color of beets; toss gently to coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature 1 hour.
- Trim fennel, reserving leaves. Snip a few leaves. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, very thinly slice fennel. Place fennel in a medium bowl. In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, mint, snipped fennel leaves, and the remaining 2 teaspoons oil, 1/8 teaspoons salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Pour mixture over fennel; toss to coat.
- To serve, divide fennel among salad plates. Top with each color of beets; sprinkle with goat cheese.
- For more help with this recipe, click here